Things to do in Phnom Penh
Whether you want to understand Cambodia’s recent history or enjoy a Phnom Penh food tour, our Asia experts can include engaging experiences and tours in your holiday.
- See the largest collection of Khmer art at the National Museum
- Visit the Silver Pagoda and its diamond encrusted Buddha
- Take the opportunity to visit the Killing Fields memorial site
- Admire the traditional architecture of the Royal Palace
- Be entertained at a traditional dance show
- Visit Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
- Visit Wat Phnom pagoda in a hilltop park of Phnom Penh
- Learn about silk weaving on the island of Koh Dach
- See elephants at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre
- Sample great food during a Phnom Penh food tour
- Take a sunset boat trip on the Mekong or Tonle Sap Lake
Phnom Penh International Airport is the busiest in Cambodia. Direct flights do not run from the U.K. currently, meaning that a stop in popular hubs such as Bangkok or Hong Kong gives you the opportunity to enjoy more than one exciting destination on your travels.
By Air – Flights from the U.K. take around 15 hours to Phnom Penh indirect. Travelling from the airport to the city centre takes around 30 minutes.
By Road – Phnom Penh is around a 3 hour drive from Cambodia’s beach resorts, Sihanoukville or Kep.
Combine Phnom Penh with Siem Reap and the beaches of the Gulf Coast for a fabulous Cambodia experience. Or you can add Vietnam, Laos, Thailand or any other Asia destination.
Speak to your FREEDOM expert about a multi centre Cambodia or Asia holiday designed for you.