Discover Ayers Rock
Australia’s Red Centre is at the southern end of the vast Northern Territory. To get the most from your visit, consider a self drive or one of our Explorer packages that include all the attractions. You can always add a day or two for some extra excursions.
- Watch sunrise or/and sunset over Ayers Rock
- Wander through the domed gorges of the impressive Olgas
- Dine under the stars at the Sounds of Silence outback dinner
- Enjoy the wind in your face on a Harley Davidson ride around Ayers Rock
- See the Red Centre from the air on a scenic flight or balloon ride
- Admire the Field of Light installation
- Trek the rim of magnificent Kings Canyon
- Visit the informative Royal Flying Doctors Service at Alice Springs
- Learn about the regions fauna and flora at Alice Springs Desert Park
- Embark on a self drive adventure through the Outback
- Lie back and admire millions of stars in the night sky
- Learn about the region’s recent and ancient history and Aboriginal culture
Getting to and travelling around the Red Centre is easier than you might think. The main attractions are connected by good sealed roads and, for the adventurous, there are plenty of 4-wheel-drive tracks.
By Road – Alice Springs is 290 miles from Ayers Rock, 930 from Darwin and 950 miles from Adelaide.
By Rail – Twice weekly from Adelaide and Darwin aboard the famous Ghan.
By Air – Regional flights to Alice Springs and Ayers Rock from most main cities.