Washington D.C. Holidays 2024 & 2025
Washington D.C. has a whole bucket list of things to see but don’t miss the Smithsonian Institute. One of the world’s greatest museums, it gives a great insight into the history and development of America.
As well plenty to see during the day, Washington also has a lively nightlife. Head to the area round Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan and U Street where you will find a great mix of bars, restaurants and buzzing night clubs. Or take in a show or concert at one of Washington’s many theatres and music venues
Things To Do In Washington D.C.
- Gaze upon the famous White House
- Wander around the towering Washington Monument
- Take a selfie on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial
- Experience the National Air & Space Museum
- See the Korean War Memorial
- Head inside the Jefferson Memorial
- Take a tour of the Library of Congress
- Trace the evolution of communication at the Newseum
- Ride on the top deck of the Washington D.C. hop-on hop-off bus
- Explore the exhibits at the Museum of Natural History
By Road – New York 226 miles; Atlanta 640 miles
By Rail – New York 3 hours; Philadelphia 1.5 hours; Boston 5 hours
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major US cities to Washington D.C. and nearby Baltimore
With logically laid-out streets and easy-to-use Metrorail and Metrobus, you can explore much of Washington stress-free.
Many of the famous landmarks are within walking distance of each other and taxis are plentiful. For those who prefer to explore on two wheels, the Capital Bikeshare scheme has a fleet of over 3000 bicycles spread throughout the city.