Whether you want to visit all the famous landmarks or take a Penang food tour, our Asia experts can include exciting experiences and tours in your holiday.
Things to do in Penang
- Ride a trishaw around historic Georgetown
- Explore the largest Buddhist temple in Southeast Asia, Kek Lok Si Temple
- Ride the funicular railway up Penang Hill
- Discover all the street murals of Penang
- Taste the local cuisine Penang is famous for
- Search for bargains in Little Penang Street Market
- Visit one of the world’s largest reclining Buddha statues
- Enjoy a little fun at the Penang Interactive Museum
- Visit the largest bird park in Malaysia, Penang Bird Park
- Explore in Penang National Park, the smallest national park in the world
Penang’s international airport is well serviced by flights from Kuala Lumpur so a stop over here is a great way to see more than one destination on your Malaysia holiday.
By Air – Indirect flights from the U.K. to Penang take around 15 hours and 30 minutes. From Kuala Lumpur, Penang is a 1 hour flight.
Combine Penang with Kuala Lumpur, Borneo or other island and beach resorts for a fabulous Malaysia experience. Or you can add Singapore, Bangkok, or any other Asia destination.
Plan your holiday