Holidays to Las Vegas
Only on the Las Vegas Boulevard will you find an Egyptian Sphinx shoulder to shoulder with New York’s Statue of Liberty, Paris’ Eiffel Tower and Venetian canals, all features of the city’s fabulously themed casino hotels.
Just off the main ‘Strip’ are the bright lights of Fremont Street. This five-block entertainment district is home to some of the city’s oldest casinos as well as the famous Fremont Street Experience, a dazzling, free, overhead light show made up of over 12 million LED bulbs.
Things to do in Las Vegas
- Stroll along the famous Las Vegas Strip
- Gamble the night away in the many Casinos
- Take in a show by the renowned Cirque du Soleil
- Ride The High Roller for amazing views of the city
- Watch the dancing fountains at Bellagio
- Take a trip to the impressive Hoover Dam
- Fly over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter
- Take a helicopter flight over the strip at night
- Search for aliens on an Area 51 tour.
- Head to the top of the Stratosphere Tower
Getting to Las Vegas
By Road – Los Angeles 270 miles; San Francisco 569 miles; San Diego 332 miles
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major U.S. cities
Strolling along Las Vegas Boulevard, is fun and the best way to understand Las Vegas. Most of the hotels and resorts are located within walking distance of each other, and all have bars and restaurants in their free-to-enter casinos.
There are plenty of taxis and city buses if the walk gets too long, and a handy Monorail that runs 7 days a week from Sahara Station to the MGM Grand.
For travelling out of Las Vegas, consider a rental car or book a day tour.