With impressive galleries, museums and splendid gardens, there is no shortage of things to do in Melbourne. And you are never far from the riverside restaurants and cafés of the Southbank.
- Enjoy lofty views from the Eureka Skydeck
- Visit Captain Cook Cottage in leafy Fitzroy Gardens
- Sample the waterside bars and restaurants of trendy Southbank
- Look for family names in the thought-provoking Immigration Museum
- Stroll through the riverside parks and Royal Botanical Gardens
- Shop for souvenirs and more at the Queen Victoria Market
- People watch from the 100s of pavement cafés
- Take an historic tram to the beachside district of St Kilda
- Watch a ‘footy’ match or concert on the big screen in Federation Square
- Take a celebrity trip to Neighbour’s Ramsey Street
- Enjoy a flutter and the entertainment at Crown Casino
- Discover the secrets of Melbourne on a Laneways walking tour
- Immerse yourself in sporting history at the famous MCG
- See where Ned Kelly met his end at Melbourne Gaol
Melbourne’s grid pattern of streets makes exploring easy by foot.
A free circular tram route connects many of the attractions and the 100 year old network also extends to St Kilda Beach and beyond.
Melbourne is also the centre of some great day tours and excursions which can be pre-booked with Freedom Destinations.