Whether you are chasing the sun, interested in history, or fascinated by wildlife that Durban offers, our Africa consultants can make the most memorable South Africa holiday for you.
Things to do in Durban & KwaZulu-Natal
- Soak up the sun, and swim in the tropical Indian Ocean
- Taste ‘Bunny Chow’ the famous Indian dish of Durban
- Spectate dolphins year-round from the Umdloti coast
- Observe as the hippos graze in your hotel garden in the St. Lucia Wetlands
- Take a tour of Rorke’s Drift and Zulu and Boer Wars battlefield sites
- Watch elephant graze from a boat on Lake Jozini
- Hike through the towering peaks of the Drakensburg Mountains
- Look out for the Big 5 in Hluhluwe National Park
By Air – Durban is easily accessible from the UK, especially with the recently launched direct flight from London Heathrow departing on certain weekdays.
By Road – It’s just a 20-minute drive from the International Airport before you reach the coastline of Durban, or 30 minutes to the city itself. Heading North along the coast to the wetlands takes roughly 3 hours, and to the Battlefields is around 4 hours 30 minutes inland.