Discover Saigon & the South
Whether you want to uncover history and culture or try your hand at a variety of coastal activities, our Asia experts can include exciting experiences and tours in your holiday.
Things to do in Saigon & the South
- Taste local produce from river sellers on the Mekong
- Explore the Cu Chi tunnels and learn of their importance to the area
- Enjoy an authentic Vietnamese show at the Water Puppetry Theatre
- Visit the historical Notre Dame Cathedral in Saigon
- See the views from Bitexco Tower, Saigon’s tallest building
- Watch the AO Show in the Saigon Opera House
- Get an insight into rural life on a boat tour
- Explore Nha Trang’s tranquil countryside on a bicycle tour
- Spend a night on a converted rice barge
- Visit Mui Ne Fishing Village and taste the local catch
Ho Chi Minh’s international airport is served by many airlines worldwide and is the main access point for the city and the south of Vietnam.
By Air – Flights from the U.K. take around 13 hours to Ho Chi Minh City. The airport sits about 30 minutes outside of the city. Nha Trang is connected by regular flights from Bangkok or takes around 1 hour to fly from Ho Chi Minh. Flights to Phu Quoc also take around an hour from the city.
By Road – a bus service connects passengers from the airport to the city centre, along with taxi options, all taking around 30 minutes dependent on traffic. It takes around 8 hours by road from Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang, and around 4 hours to Mui Ne.
Combine Saigon and the south with Hanoi and the beaches of the Central Coast for a fabulous Vietnam experience. Or you can add Cambodia, Hong Kong or any other Asia destination.
Plan your holiday